Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Turkey Meatloaf

This is a wonderful dish and for me comfort food.  I love meatloaf and since this is made with Turkey and not Beef it is healthier and still just as tasty!

1 Beaten Egg
3/4 Cups soft bread crumbs or crackers (I used Panko Wheat Bread Crumbs)
1/4 Cup milk, beer, apple juice, or water (I used skim milk)
Whatever seasonings that you want (I like salt, pepper, garlic salt, and either parsley or oregano depending on my mood)
1 Pound ground turkey
2 Tablespoons Ketchup

In a mixing bowl mix the everything starting with the egg, bread crumbs, milk, seasonings, and ketchup then mix in the meat.  If wanted you can also add chopped up vegetables.  Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees.  In a shallow baking dish pat the meatloaf mixture down.  Bake for about 40 minutes.  Take out and remove top layer of fat that has most likely formed.  Baked for 15-20 more minutes.  When this is done take it out and let it cool for no more than 5 minutes then slice and serve.  It is a delicious meal...I go to this recipe whenever I don't feel like really making something special with the ground turkey.  It takes a while to cook but mixing and everything makes this a really easy dish to cook.


I topped mine with avocado and it was AMAZING!!!  Next time I might even bake it with the avocado inside, and maybe even a little bit of cheese.  You can do all sorts of things with meatloaf!

No comments:

Post a Comment